2017 Mark Cooper leads us to the Football League for the first time in the club’s history, following a 3-1 success over Tranmere Rovers in the National League play-off final at Wembley.
2016 We announce plans to move to a new 5,000 seat stadium to be built beside junction 13 of the M5, with plans for the stadium to be made almost entirely out of wood.
2015 We went completely vegan as a football club, the first and still the only certified vegan team in the world.
2010 With the club in financial difficulty, Ecotricity founder Dale Vince got involved with us in August, to improve the club's social and environmental impact.
2006 The New Lawn officially opened in September, 400 metres away from the old stadium. The ground was built to Football League standards and painted head to toe by our supporters, a tradition set back in the 1950s.
2001 Under Nigel Spink, we returned to the Trophy Final at Villa Park, this time losing to Canvey Island again by the only goal of the game.
1999 We were favourites for relegation in 1999 but we went back to Wembley in the FA Trophy, becoming the first club to appear in both the Trophy and Vase finals. The Trophy final was lost to Kingstonian 1-0.
1998 A showdown with Merthyr Tydfil in front of a record crowd of 2,962 at the newly upgraded Lawn saw us through to the Conference.
1992 The arrival of Trevor Horsley in 1992 saw our name changed back to Forest Green Rovers.
1997 Frank Gregan arrived as manager in 1994, taking us to the Southern League Southern Division title in 1997 and into the Southern League Premier Division for the first time.
1989 In a bid to turn the club’s fortunes around, we were renamed Stroud FC but this proved near disastrous when many life-long fans and committee members turning their back on the club.
1982 A successful few years culminate in a double winning season as we clinched the Hellenic League title and won the FA Vase, defeating Rainworth Miners Welfare 3-0.
1975 We get promoted to the Hellenic League in 1975 under Goring’s stewardship.
1968 We joined the newly formed County League and played under manager Peter Goring.
1938 We won the Northern Senior League for the first time in 1938.
1936 Committee members bought our field at auction for the princely sum of £120.
1927 A crowd of over 5,000 saw us lift the County Cup beating the Sharpness Sharks in nearby Dursley.
1926 The Lawn was created with the field where the team played officially enclosed.
1921 After a break during WWI, we enjoyed a period of great success winning two football leagues and three cups in both 1921 and 1922.
1912 We won the Stroud League under the name Nailsworth and Forest Green United, after the Nailsworth Club amalgamated with us at the top of the hill above the town.
1903 Our first piece of silverware was secured when we won the Dursley and District League.
1902 A switch from the MGL when it folded in 1902 ensued, becoming members of the newly formed Stroud League and also members of the Dursley and District League.
1894 We became founder members of the Mid Gloucestershire League (MGL), the first league in the county outside Bristol.
1889 Life began for us in the hamlet of Forest Green in October 1889, founded by the local Non Conformist Church Minister.