We've teamed up with our head chef Jade Crawford to bring you some fantastic vegan recipes that are a favourite of the players and staff during the off season.
Check out these delicious vegan brownies that would make the perfect Meat Free Monday dessert.
1 cup plain flour
2/3 cup cocoa powder
1 cup dark brown sugar
1 cup caster sugar
1/2 TSP baking powder
1 TSP sea salt
4 TBSP flaxseed powder
8 TBSP water
1/2 cup coconut oil
1 TSP vanilla extract
**egg substitute: 1 x TBSP flaxseed powder : 2 x TBSP water
- Preheat the oven to 170C
- Steam melt the coconut oil
- Combine the flaxseed powder & water in a small bowl, mix & set aside (this is the **egg substitute)
- Put the sugar in a large bowl & mix
- Combine the dry ingredients in a separate bowl, mix & set aside
- Once coconut oil has melted, add to the bowl of sugar with the vanilla extract, mix until sugar is coated in coconut oil
- Add the egg substitute to the coconut oil & sugar, whisk for a few minutes
- Once you have a runny but thick consistency add the dry mixture & mix until all is combined
- Line a baking tray with baking paper & pour the mixture onto it. If you would like anything sprinkled on top of the browne, nows the time to do it e.g chia seeds, oats, vegan choc-chips whatever tickles your pickle
- Bake in the oven for 30 MINS
- Once cooked it should be crispy on top and feel soft in the middle, brownies are meant to be gooey so if it feels spongy you have cooked it for too long
- Leave brownie to set and chill, if you wanted to add icing nows the time to do it, I sprinkle oreos over the top of mine at the club because they are vegan & propa yum, sometimes bourbons too.
- Once icing has set, cut into pieces and munch away!
450g icing sugar
4 TBSP soy milk or another plant-based milk
3 TBSP vegan butter
2 TSP vanilla extract
- Whisk all together with an electric whisk