Stuck for ideas on meat free Monday? Why not give this delicious vegan pizza a go?
See the full recipe here:
300g strong white flour
200g semolina flour
1 tsp sea salt
325ml warm water
7g dried active yeast sachet
1 tsp caster sugar
2 tbsp olive oil
1 can chopped tomatoes
1-2 bag mozzarella style bute island scheese
2 mixed peppers
1 small red onion
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C
- Sieve the flours into a large bowl, add salt and sugar.
- Add the yeast and olive oil to the warm water leave for five minutes.
- Make a well in the middle of the flour and add the water mix. With a fork, slowly push the flour into the water
- Once this is all incorporated, you can start to kneed, put some semolina and plain flour on the work surface, kneed dough for 10-15 minutes until soft & elastic.
- Put the dough back in the bowl, cover in cling film and leave to rise for a minimum of three hours, the more you let the dough rise. The more air bubbles will be in the pizza base.
- Whilst the pizza is rising, chop the courgette, peppers and red onion and add them to a baking tray with coconut oil. Roast with garlic granules & thyme for 15 mins on 180C.
- Once the dough has risen to 2-3 times its size, remove cling film and knock back the dough. Kneed into an oval shape and cut dough ball into two. Stretch the dough or use a rolling pin to create a rectangle shape.
- Sit the base on baking paper on a baking tray and let sit for 10-20 minutes to get some air back in the dough.
- Pour the can of cherry tomatoes into a jug with a glug of olive oil and juice from ½ a lemon. With a ladle, spoon and spread the cherry tomato mix onto the pizza base leaving the crusts uncovered.
- Add 1 bag of Sheese and bake on 180c for 10 minutes.
- Remove the pizza from oven, add the roasted med veg and the olives onto the Sheese on the base and add some more Sheese.
- Put back in the oven for 5-10 minutes until Sheese is melted, making sure the base is cooked through. Tap the bottom middle to check, it should be firm.
- Chop pizza into squares & enjoy!